Subject: [net-next PATCH 3/5] igb: update driver to use setup_timer function

From: Jeff Kirsher <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 03:17:08 -0700

From: Alexander Duyck <[email-masked]>

igb was previously setting up all of the timer members itself.  It is
easier to just call setup_timer and reduce the calls to one line.

Signed-off-by: Alexander Duyck <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Kirsher <[email-masked]>
---

 drivers/net/igb/igb_main.c |   11 ++++-------
 1 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/igb/igb_main.c b/drivers/net/igb/igb_main.c
index 05bb7a7..3dd3a5a 100644
--- a/drivers/net/igb/igb_main.c
+++ b/drivers/net/igb/igb_main.c
@@ -1312,13 +1312,10 @@ static int __devinit igb_probe(struct pci_dev *pdev,
 		goto err_eeprom;
 	}
 
-	init_timer(&adapter->watchdog_timer);
-	adapter->watchdog_timer.function = &igb_watchdog;
-	adapter->watchdog_timer.data = (unsigned long) adapter;
-
-	init_timer(&adapter->phy_info_timer);
-	adapter->phy_info_timer.function = &igb_update_phy_info;
-	adapter->phy_info_timer.data = (unsigned long) adapter;
+	setup_timer(&adapter->watchdog_timer, &igb_watchdog,
+	            (unsigned long) adapter);
+	setup_timer(&adapter->phy_info_timer, &igb_update_phy_info,
+	            (unsigned long) adapter);
 
 	INIT_WORK(&adapter->reset_task, igb_reset_task);
 	INIT_WORK(&adapter->watchdog_task, igb_watchdog_task);