Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 09/13] net: Rework pasemi_mac driver to use of_mdio infrastructure

From: Olof Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 10:47:10 -0500

On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 04:29:01PM -0600, Grant Likely wrote:
> From: Grant Likely <[email-masked]>
> 
> This patch simplifies the driver by making use of more common code.

Did you ever try building it? pasemi_defconfig gives me:

drivers/net/pasemi_mac.c: In function 'pasemi_mac_phy_init':
drivers/net/pasemi_mac.c:1102: error: implicit declaration of function 'of_phy_connect'
drivers/net/pasemi_mac.c:1103: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
drivers/net/pasemi_mac.c:1114: warning: label 'err' defined but not used
drivers/net/pasemi_mac.c:1092: warning: unused variable 'ret'
drivers/net/pasemi_mac.c:1091: warning: unused variable 'r'
drivers/net/pasemi_mac.c:1090: warning: unused variable 'prop'
drivers/net/pasemi_mac.c:1089: warning: unused variable 'ph'
make[2]: *** [drivers/net/pasemi_mac.o] Error 1

The changes needed are trivial, include <linux/of_mdio.h> and remove the
variables, label and following code. I could send a patch but that's likely
more of a hassle than you fixing it up yourself?

Otherwise, with the above changes, seems to test out ok on my Electra.
When you checkin the changes, feel free to add:

Tested-by: Olof Johansson <[email-masked]>
Acked-by: Olof Johansson <[email-masked]>

to it.

-Olof