Subject: [PATCH 4/9] ixgbe: feature - driver to default with FC on.

From: Jeff Kirsher <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 00:33:44 -0700

From: Don Skidmore <[email-masked]>

In the past flow control wasn't enabled by default under the
incorrect assumption that this opened up us to a denial of
service attack.  However since any switch that forwarded flow
control would be extremely msiconfigured and/or buggy, this
concern no longer out weighs the preformance gains from
having FC enabled.

Signed-off-by: Don Skidmore <[email-masked]>
Acked-by: Mallikarjuna R Chilakala <[email-masked]>
Acked-by: Peter P Waskiewicz Jr <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Kirsher <[email-masked]>
---

 drivers/net/ixgbe/ixgbe_main.c |    2 +-
 1 files changed, 1 insertions(+), 1 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/ixgbe/ixgbe_main.c b/drivers/net/ixgbe/ixgbe_main.c
index fd27513..8f6e263 100644
--- a/drivers/net/ixgbe/ixgbe_main.c
+++ b/drivers/net/ixgbe/ixgbe_main.c
@@ -3169,7 +3169,7 @@ static int __devinit ixgbe_sw_init(struct ixgbe_adapter *adapter)
 #endif
 
 	/* default flow control settings */
-	hw->fc.requested_mode = ixgbe_fc_none;
+	hw->fc.requested_mode = ixgbe_fc_full;
 	hw->fc.high_water = IXGBE_DEFAULT_FCRTH;
 	hw->fc.low_water = IXGBE_DEFAULT_FCRTL;
 	hw->fc.pause_time = IXGBE_DEFAULT_FCPAUSE;