Subject: [PATCH 1/2] net: allow multiple dev per napi with GRO

From: Stephen Hemminger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 14:20:20 -0700

GRO assumes that there is a one-to-one relationship between NAPI
structure and network device. Some devices like sky2 share multiple
devices on a single interrupt so only have one NAPI handler. Rather than
split GRO from NAPI, just have GRO assume if device changes that
it is a different flow.

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <[email-masked]>

--- a/net/core/dev.c	2009-04-01 12:02:12.381316147 -0700
+++ b/net/core/dev.c	2009-04-01 12:07:29.718192280 -0700
@@ -2472,8 +2472,9 @@ static int __napi_gro_receive(struct nap
 		return GRO_NORMAL;
 
 	for (p = napi->gro_list; p; p = p->next) {
-		NAPI_GRO_CB(p)->same_flow = !compare_ether_header(
-			skb_mac_header(p), skb_gro_mac_header(skb));
+		NAPI_GRO_CB(p)->same_flow = (p->dev == skb->dev)
+			&& !compare_ether_header(skb_mac_header(p),
+						 skb_gro_mac_header(skb));
 		NAPI_GRO_CB(p)->flush = 0;
 	}