Subject: Re: sky2: early oops in pci_vpd_truncate

From: Jesse Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 18:03:06 -0700

On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 17:10:19 -0700
Harvey Harrison <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi Stephen,
> 
> I'm seeing an early oops in current Linus -git right after sky2_probe
> unfortunately it scrolls away too fast to get it all, but after a
> delayed-printk boot it appears to be a NULL dereference in
> pci_vpd_truncate.  sysfs also features prominantly in the backtrace..
> is this a known issue?
> 
> I see there were some sky2 patches this cycle using the vpd functions,
> any pointers/patches to try out?

Yeah there's a patch for that in my queue (not pushed to Linus yet
though), subject "[PATCH] PCI: Fix oops in pci_vpd_truncate" from Anton
Vorontsov.

-- 
Jesse Barnes, Intel Open Source Technology Center