Subject: Linux wireless mini-summit -- Berlin, June 2009

From: "John W. Linville" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 14:27:25 -0400

Greetings,

As you may know, we are planning on having a wireless summit meeting
in Berlin, Germany this June.  This meeting is in cooperation with
the Fedora FUDCon event, which will be accomodating us under the
guise of a "hackfest".  This event also overlaps (and co-locates)
with LinuxTag 2009.  Details are available here:

	https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Berlin_2009

FUDCon's are typically self-organizing under the BarCamp model.
However, I have secured a promise that we will be allocated space
for 1-2 dozen people on at least Friday 26 June and Saturday 27 June
for our wireless event.  I personally encourage everyone not only to
attend LinuxTag but also to participate in the rest of FUDCon!

So, here I open the floor for discussion of agenda items for our
wireless meeting/hackfest.  What do we think is important to discuss
face-to-face this year?  What isn't getting done?  What is getting
done wrong?  What do we need that we didn't realize last year?

Also, please consider making some sort of prepared presentation.
Especially welcome would be topics that are accessible to those
outside of the core wireless developer group, such as current
projects on enhancing IBSS support, extended power savings, or any
other user-visible topic.  I'll be happy to take such proposals in
private email or you can post them as part of this thread.

Hopefully this gets the discussion started...please comment!

John

P.S.  We are also planning a meeting in Portland this September for
those unable or unwilling to travel outside of North America for
whatever reason -- stay tuned.
-- 
John W. Linville		Someday the world will need a hero, and you
[email-masked]			might be all we have.  Be ready.
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-wireless" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html