Subject: Re: PATCH_ppp_mp_explode_redesign

From: Jarek Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 09:43:26 +0000

On 06-04-2009 23:11, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-04-06 at 17:38 +0100, Paoloni, Gabriele wrote:
>> Hi 
>>
>> Can anybody tell me what is the procedure that is followed to apply the patch and when it will be officially released.
> 
> Dave Miller (networking maintainer) applied your patch to his various
> trees on March 13th.  Since 2.6.29 was in bug-fix only mode at that
> time, your patch was too late to be included 2.6.29.  It has just been
> merged into Linus' linux-2.6 tree [1] (which will become 2.6.30) via
> Dave Miller's tree.  So it appears your patch will be included in the
> 2.6.30 kernel when that is released.
> 
> If you think your patch is regression-free and appropriate for stable
> kernels (2.6.27, 2.6.28, etc) you might try to send it to the stable
> team for inclusion in subsequent stable kernel updates.

I guess it's preferred here to ask David for sending to -stable yet
(and it usually needs merging to the net-2.6 tree first).

Jarek P.