Subject: Re: 2.6.29.1: unregister_netdevice problem

From: "Alexander V. Lukyanov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 09:45:10 +0400

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 10:49:58PM +0200, Jarek Poplawski wrote:
> Do you mean if you wait a bit longer (until the first one is really removed)

The problem is that it is never removed. I waited for at least 30 minutes.

> before running another one, it doesn't s(t)uck? Is there a change e.g. wrt.
> 2.6.28?

I mean, 'vconfig rem' on another interface stucks if the previous vconfig
has not finished, and it never finishes. So I cannot check if other vlan
interfaces have the same 'refcnt' problem. So far I tried 'vconfig rem' on
two vlan interfaces and I have a dozen.

Again, the problem only happens after I notice surprisingly high LA (30
instead of 2-6) and interactive slowness. When it happens, I check network
usage, disk usage, cpu usage, mem usage - they are normal or even lower than
usual.

The server is running transparent squid and named. The last kernel version
was 2.6.27.21 and it did not have this problem.

-- 
   Alexander.