Subject: Re: 2.6.29.1: unregister_netdevice problem

From: Jarek Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 10:12:09 +0000

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 12:54:14PM +0400, Alexander V. Lukyanov wrote:
> On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 08:06:49AM +0000, Jarek Poplawski wrote:
> > On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 11:19:46AM +0400, Alexander V. Lukyanov wrote:
> > ...
> > > Looks like 2.6.28.10 does not have this refcnt problem. Also, after I have
> > > reversed net/ipv4/route.c changes from 2.6.29, the problem does not occur either.
> > 
> > Very nice work! It should be a piece of cake now - there were not much
> > changes. I'll look at it, as usual ;-), but, of course if it's
> > possible, it would be great to try "in the meantime" with reverted the
> > biggest of them append below.
> 
> I suspect the problem occurs when cand==rthi.

Looks like good catch! (But there could be more than this.) Then, of
course it would be interesting to try first some fix (like nulling
rthi after rt_free(cand), I guess).

Jarek P.