Subject: Re: 2.6.30-rc6: Reported regressions from 2.6.29

From: Oleg Nesterov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 16:57:25 +0200

On 05/17, Ingo Molnar wrote:
>
> > Bug-Entry	: http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=13107
> > Subject		: LTP 20080131 causes defunct processes w/2.6.30-rc1
> > Submitter	: Kumar Gala <[email-masked]>
> > Date		: 2009-04-09 15:43 (38 days old)
> > First-Bad-Commit: http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=b3bfa0cba867f23365b81658b47efd906830879b
> > References	: http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=123929187208953&w=4
> > 		  http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/4/10/193
> > Handled-By	: Sukadev Bhattiprolu <[email-masked]>
>
> Oleg says in that thread that it's as-designed, and followup
> questions were not replied to (yet).

Yes, I think this is false alarm. Perhaps I missed something, and
I am waiting for more info from Kumar, but it looks like ltp was
already changed to skip the "{ PTRACE_ATTACH, 1, EPERM }" test
on kernels after 2.6.25

Oleg.