Subject: Re: [PATCH] bc47xx : export ssb_watchdog_timer_set

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 18:09:57 +0100

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 03:24:20PM +0200, Michael Buesch wrote:

> > What is the merge path for ssb nowadays?  I used to take these patches
> > (and I'm still happy to do so), but maybe Ralf is (or should be)
> > taking them now?
> 
> That depends on his speed. Last time I submitted a patch through his path,
> it bitrotted for several months before it finally hit mainline.

Maybe because I felt drivers/ssb/ was outside my jurisdiction - and unlike
what alot of people may seem to think I'm not a full time MIPS kernel
hacker.

I can deal with SSB patch if you so desire - but I have no experience with
SSB, so I'd have somebody to rubberstamp non-trivial SSB patches before I
queue them up.  I can keep them either in the usual MIPS trees on
linux-mips.org or I could create a separate linux-ssb tree, depending on
what seems to be sensible.  Also, reading the entry in the maintainers
file I wonder if netdev is really the list of a choice?

  Ralf