Subject: Re: [BUG] net_cls: Panic occured when net_cls subsystem use

From: Jarek Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 15:20:47 +0200

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 09:03:48AM -0400, jamal wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-05-30 at 14:45 +0200, Jarek Poplawski wrote:
> > On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 08:31:23AM -0400, jamal wrote:
...
> > > The ops is caused by the code fixed in the patch - did i miss something?
> > 
> > IMHO it could be fixed "old way" in cls_group code too.
> 
> Is the code oopsing in cls_group? It didnt seem to be so to me, and
> yes cls_group is quarky in its practise (but thats a separate issue)
> and even if it did oops in cls_group - this change above is a memory
> leak and needs to be fixed in -stable. 

Yes it oopses in cls_cgroup_classify(). Here is the first report:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.network/128593

We add/link unconfigured tp, but it could be destroyed later, so I
wouldn't call this a memory leak.

Cheers,
Jarek P.