Subject: Re: iproute2 action/policer question

From: Jarek Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 06:14:58 +0000

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 08:04:32AM -0400, jamal wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-06-15 at 16:52 +0200, Jarek Poplawski wrote:
> 
> > I've tried debian squeeze (testing) with: iptables v1.4.3.2, iproute2
> > -ss090324, and action ipt -j MARK doesn't work. AFAIK debian lenny
> > (stable) uses 1.4.2. I've also tried debian rescue probably based on
> > lenny (with iptables 1.4.2), and it seemed it didn't work yet (I'll
> > re-check this). When you have something new I'd be glad for Cc.
> 
> I am suprised it broke again. 
> Lets CC the debian iproute maintainer. 

I confirm I can't get 'action ipt -j MARK' working on debian lenny
(stable) with distro's iptables/tc. I'm not able to compile tc from
vanilla sources properly either - configure fails 3 IPT tests. (I
admit I can miss setting some (undocumented?) config variables.) So,
with or without debian, IMHO iproute2 needs some updates for iptables
1.4.2, 1.4.3, and maybe even 1.4.4 now.

Cheers,
Jarek P.