Subject: Re: Constantly varying download rate with a complex xen networking setup, why?

From: Raphael Hertzog <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 15:00:50 +0200

Le lundi 15 juin 2009, Ilpo Järvinen a écrit :
> Maybe the proxy interferes there somehow... I don't know enough about the
> details to say but I suppose the proxy at least breaks your tcp connection 
> to two parts.

Indeed. Is there some processing done in a simple linux bridge where the
reapperance of the same TCP packet that has been created and sent on another
local interface could create problem?

> > How can I collect those information?
> 
> Perhaps it's enough to just know if sshs that stall go over the adsl link 
> too or are they local? If they're local it's sort of pointing to something 
> else (of which I probably have no clue).

The ssh connection was local and did not go over the ADSL link.

Cheers,
-- 
Raphaël Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com

Freexian : des développeurs Debian au service des entreprises
http://www.freexian.com