Subject: Re: [PATCH v3.1415] Documentation: add documentation summary for rc-series and merge window

From: Jake Edge <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 13:23:16 -0600

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 12:11:52 -0700 (PDT) Linus Torvalds wrote:

> In fact, this whole discussion has shown one thing: people still
> think that "bug fix" somehow automatically means that it's
> appropriate after the merge window. That's simply not so. 

Makes sense.  It certainly is counter-intuitive sometimes, though.
Just to clarify, there would seem to be one other category of bugs that
is reasonable post-merge-window: those introduced by new features (or
bug fixes) that were added during the merge window (i.e. something
found in testing the new code during the -rc cycle). Those don't
necessarily have to be security/oops problems and, for the most part,
can't be regressions (at least for new features).  Or should those
wait, by and large, for the next merge window?

jake

-- 
Jake Edge - LWN - [email-masked] - http://lwn.net
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-wireless" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html