Subject: Re: [PATCH net-2.6] Re: rib_trie / Fix inflate_threshold_root. Now=15 size=11 bits

From: Jarek Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 05:32:16 +0000

On Thu, Jul 02, 2009 at 12:17:19AM +0200, Paweł Staszewski wrote:
> Jarek Poplawski pisze:
...
>> So, after your findings I'm about to recommend sending to -stable
>> 3 patches from net-2.6, with additional lowering of threshold_root
>> settings, but it would be nice if you could give it a try with
>> CONFIG_PREEMPT instead of CONFIG_PREEMPT_NONE (if it doesn't break
>> your other apps!) It is expected to work this time...;-) Maybe a
>> bit slower.
>>
>>   
> Patch applied to 2.6.29.5 with CONFIG_PREEMPT_NONE
> And working :)

Hmm... It should, because you tested very similar patch already;-)
Sorry if I didn't make it clear.

>
> fib_triestats in attached file
>
> I think I can test it with PREEMPT enabled but first i must make some  
> other tests of my apps that are on server.

It could probably matter only if you're using some broken out-of-tree
patches. Otherwise the kernel is expected to work OK.

Btw., it would be also interesting to check if there is any difference
wrt. these route cache problems while PREEMPT is enabled.

Thanks,
Jarek P.