Subject: [net-next-2.6 PATCH 5/9] igbvf: return PCI_ERS_RESULT_DISCONNECT on permanent failure

From: Dean Nelson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 15:13:33 -0400

PCI drivers that implement the struct pci_error_handlers' error_detected
callback should return PCI_ERS_RESULT_DISCONNECT if the state passed in is
pci_channel_io_perm_failure. This patch fixes the issue for igbvf.

Signed-off-by: Dean Nelson <[email-masked]>

---

This patch has not been tested, since I don't have the hardware to test it.
It is based on a few recent patches. See the following commits:

http://git.kernel.org/linus/c93b5a76d58656158d195a7df507ebc660010969
http://git.kernel.org/linus/eab633021c26025b34f36f79f0311d3d99f40ceb
http://git.kernel.org/linus/ef681ce1e8b3e63317cd724c200b2fd39286c005
http://git.kernel.org/linus/59ed6eecff4aa00c5c5d18ffd180acac108d596e
http://git.kernel.org/linus/3044b8d1ff8c05237652a692fb572a34e4d70146

 drivers/net/igbvf/netdev.c     |    3 +++
 1 files changed, 3 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/igbvf/netdev.c b/drivers/net/igbvf/netdev.c
index 2bc9d63..dba360d 100644
--- a/drivers/net/igbvf/netdev.c
+++ b/drivers/net/igbvf/netdev.c
@@ -2512,6 +2512,9 @@ static pci_ers_result_t igbvf_io_error_detected(struct pci_dev *pdev,
 
 	netif_device_detach(netdev);
 
+	if (state == pci_channel_io_perm_failure)
+		return PCI_ERS_RESULT_DISCONNECT;
+
 	if (netif_running(netdev))
 		igbvf_down(adapter);
 	pci_disable_device(pdev);