Subject: [net-next-2.6 PATCH 9/9] vxge: return PCI_ERS_RESULT_DISCONNECT on permanent failure

From: Dean Nelson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 15:14:03 -0400

PCI drivers that implement the struct pci_error_handlers' error_detected
callback should return PCI_ERS_RESULT_DISCONNECT if the state passed in is
pci_channel_io_perm_failure. This patch fixes the issue for vxge.

Signed-off-by: Dean Nelson <[email-masked]>

---

This patch has not been tested, since I don't have the hardware to test it.
It is based on a few recent patches. See the following commits:

http://git.kernel.org/linus/c93b5a76d58656158d195a7df507ebc660010969
http://git.kernel.org/linus/eab633021c26025b34f36f79f0311d3d99f40ceb
http://git.kernel.org/linus/ef681ce1e8b3e63317cd724c200b2fd39286c005
http://git.kernel.org/linus/59ed6eecff4aa00c5c5d18ffd180acac108d596e
http://git.kernel.org/linus/3044b8d1ff8c05237652a692fb572a34e4d70146

 drivers/net/vxge/vxge-main.c   |    3 +++
 1 files changed, 3 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/vxge/vxge-main.c b/drivers/net/vxge/vxge-main.c
index 7b5402b..335140d 100644
--- a/drivers/net/vxge/vxge-main.c
+++ b/drivers/net/vxge/vxge-main.c
@@ -3956,6 +3956,9 @@ static pci_ers_result_t vxge_io_error_detected(struct pci_dev *pdev,
 
 	netif_device_detach(netdev);
 
+	if (state == pci_channel_io_perm_failure)
+		return PCI_ERS_RESULT_DISCONNECT;
+
 	if (netif_running(netdev)) {
 		/* Bring down the card, while avoiding PCI I/O */
 		do_vxge_close(netdev, 0);