Subject: Re: Receive side performance issue with multi-10-GigE and NUMA

From: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 11:28:41 +0200

* Christoph Hellwig <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 01:58:26AM +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:
>
> > I'm sorry you got that impression, but you are a maintainer 
> > yourself so you might perhaps understand it why sooner or later, 
> > if a maintainer's review does not get acted upon, one has to 
> > insist on clean patches in stronger terms.
> 
> Cool down a bit :) [...]

Hello Pot, Kettle here ;-)

I guess i'll have to test the limits of your patience by queueing up 
some bad commit into fs/libfs.c via say the iommu tree, without acks 
and with commit log damage, which patch then triggers a build 
failure and a crash in linux-next (like this one did), and refuse to 
revert and not do anything substantial about your (initially polite) 
review feedback for 2 weeks (like it happened here), and see how 
measured your response will be after the 12th mail that gets faced 
with such passive-aggressive inaction ;-)

At that point, will your wall of patience finally start to crumble a 
tiny bit and will you resort to using the taboo term 'crappy patch' 
perhaps, like i did here? ;-)

Anyway, as Steve said it's now finally water under the bridge, time 
to move on.

	Ingo