Subject: Re: [PATCHv4 2/2] vhost_net: a kernel-level virtio server

From: "Michael S. Tsirkin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 13:45:18 +0300

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 09:40:40PM +0930, Rusty Russell wrote:
> Also, see other fixes to the lguest launcher since then which might
> be relevant to this code:
> 	lguest: get more serious about wmb() in example Launcher code

Heh, this just gets one step closer to a real wmb.  I just used the
correct code from linux, so I think nothing needs to be done in vhost.
Apropos this change in lguest: why is a compiler barrier sufficient? The
comment says devices are run in separate threads (presumably from
guest?), if so don't you need to tell CPU that there's a barrier as
well?

> 	lguest: clean up length-used value in example launcher

OK, fixing that.

Thanks!

-- 
MST

--
To unsubscribe, send a message with 'unsubscribe linux-mm' in
the body to [email-masked].  For more info on Linux MM,
see: http://www.linux-mm.org/ .
Don't email: <a href=mailto:"[email-masked]"> [email-masked] </a>