Subject: [PATCH 12/14] pktgen: use common idle routine

From: Stephen Hemminger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 16:55:18 -0700

Simpler to have one place that spins and accounts for delays,
this will also make the last packet be detected faster for more
repeatable timing.

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <[email-masked]>

--- a/net/core/pktgen.c	2009-08-27 16:28:17.520270294 -0700
+++ b/net/core/pktgen.c	2009-08-27 16:29:53.826372401 -0700
@@ -3458,16 +3458,10 @@ static void pktgen_xmit(struct pktgen_de
 
 	/* If pkt_dev->count is zero, then run forever */
 	if ((pkt_dev->count != 0) && (pkt_dev->sofar >= pkt_dev->count)) {
-		if (atomic_read(&(pkt_dev->skb->users)) != 1) {
-			ktime_t idle_start = ktime_now();
-			while (atomic_read(&(pkt_dev->skb->users)) != 1) {
-				if (signal_pending(current)) {
-					break;
-				}
-				schedule();
-			}
-			pkt_dev->idle_acc += ktime_to_ns(ktime_sub(ktime_now(),
-								   idle_start));
+		while (atomic_read(&(pkt_dev->skb->users)) != 1) {
+			if (signal_pending(current))
+				break;
+			idle(pkt_dev);
 		}
 
 		/* Done with this */

--