Subject: Re: [PATCH] make TLLAO option for NA packets configurable

From: David Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 01:29:46 -0700 (PDT)

From: Octavian Purdila <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 00:39:15 +0300

> Subject: [PATCH] ipv6: new sysctl for sending TLLAO with unicast NAs
> 
> Neighbor advertisements responding to unicast neighbor solicitations
> did not include the target link-layer address option. This patch adds
> a new sysctl option (disabled by default) which controls whether this
> option should be sent even with unicast NAs.
> 
> The need for this arose because certain routers expect the TLLAO in
> some situations even as a response to unicast NS packets.
> 
> Moreover, RFC 2461 recommends sending this to avoid a race condition
> (section 4.4, Target link-layer address)
> 
> Signed-off-by: Cosmin Ratiu <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Octavian Purdila <[email-masked]>

Applied, thanks!