Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/8] SECURITY ISSUE with connector

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 15:25:05 -0700

On Fri, Oct 02, 2009 at 02:40:03PM +0200, Philipp Reisner wrote:
> Affected: All code that uses connector, in kernel and out of mainline
> 
> The connector, as it is today, does not allow the in kernel receiving
> parts to do any checks on privileges of a message's sender.
> 
> I know, there are not many out there that like connector, but as
> long as it is in the kernel, we have to fix the security issues it has!
> 
> Please either drop connector, or someone who feels a bit responsible
> and has our beloved dictator's blessing, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take 
> this into your tree, and send the pull request to Linus.
> 
> Patches 1 to 4 are already Acked-by Evgeny, the connector's maintainer.
> Patches 5 to 7 are the obvious fixes to the connector user's code.

These don't apply to the 2.6.31-stable tree at all.

Could you provide them backported to that tree if you want to see them
go into a .31-stable release?

thanks,

greg k-h