Subject: Re: pull request: wireless-next-2.6 2009-10-28

From: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 15:14:40 +0100

Hi,

On Thursday 29 October 2009 14:52:50 Pekka Enberg wrote:
> Hi Bart,
> 
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 3:35 PM, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >> I'm saying that you should work with John to have him send a revert or
> >> whatever to me.
> >
> > This is your responsibility to deal with your downstream maintainers,
> > not mine and since you have accepted John's patch I'm asking you to
> > revert rt2800pci patch from your tree.
> 
> So why don't you just send a patch to fix it up? I see you're doing

"git revert a9b3a9f"

done.

Dave, if you have problems with executing the command locally I'll be
happy to supply you with the patch.

> lots of cleanups to the staging drivers, why not direct some of that
> energy to the drivers/net/wireless ones?

When did we start to apply "fix it yourself" rule instead of "submitter
should fix it" one to the _new_ code..

rt2800 drivers have their maintainers and I would like to know what they
are doing besides complaining about users and staging tree..

-- 
Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz