Subject: Re: pull request: wireless-next-2.6 2009-10-28

From: "John W. Linville" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 17:09:16 -0500

On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 11:00:25PM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > > But yes, he got flamed for this for some odd reason. I got the impression 
> > > that the community around rt2x00 doesn't like (or understand) the way how 
> > > opensource development happens.
> > 
> > Well you mean the open source development where non-contributors
> > complain that the contributors work too slowly? 
> 
> This was the case when non-contributor complained that patch adds
> 2KLoC of unneccessary code.
> 
> > Perhaps
> > that is the policy in some companies which try to import it into the
> > Open Source world...
> 
> Do you really have to attack everyone around?

Really, this is enough.

It seems clear that neither side of this debate sees or appreciates
the injuries that the other side claims.  In any case, there seems
little good can come from continuing this bickering.

Now that Bart is posting patches and the rt2x00 team is actively
reviewing (and mostly Acking) them, I hope everyone can just BACK
THE HELL OFF and let the process work itself out.

Please let this discussion end.

John
-- 
John W. Linville		Someday the world will need a hero, and you
[email-masked]			might be all we have.  Be ready.