Subject: Re: [PATCH resent] Documentation: rw_lock lessons learned

From: Stephen Hemminger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 09:37:24 -0800

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 12:08:08 -0500
William Allen Simpson <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Stephen Hemminger wrote:
> > I would rather see the text in Documentation/spinlocks give an explaination
> > as to why reader/writer locks are normally not desirable. 
> > 
> > The whole document needs work to make it a developer document, rather than
> > a historical mail thread..  A good document says what should be done today,
> > and does not have old junk or ask the reader to overly new context
> > on old information.
> > 
> You wish me to merge our patches?

Sure, I am more concerned about document structure being readable than
preserving my sloppy prose.

> Or this is a second patch in a proposed series?

No. But taking more input from others (maybe Randy will help he is a good
editor) would get this back in shape.

--