Subject: Re: large packet loss take2 2.6.31.x

From: Jarek Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 13:46:25 +0000

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 11:19:46AM +0000, Jarek Poplawski wrote:
...
> Alas it's not all information I asked. E.g. "netstat -s before faulty
> kernel" and "netstat -s after faulty kernel" seem to be the same file:
> netstat_after.slave4.log.gz.

On the other hand, there is a lot of tcp retransmits there:

Tcp:
    17 active connections openings
    0 passive connection openings
    14 failed connection attempts
    0 connection resets received
    0 connections established
    45 segments received
    49 segments send out
    19 segments retransmited
    0 bad segments received.
    19 resets sent

So it might point at the driver yet. It would be interesting to see
more of this: could you repeat "netstat -s" and "ethtool -S eth0"
after rebooting with both kernels and doing a few minutes of similar
tcp activities (against the router or some other "good" site). Btw,
please remind us the exact kernel versions. If you can, try 2.6.32-rc8
instead of 2.6.31.

Jarek P.