Subject: Re: [PATCH v4] net: Introduce realloc_netdev_mq()

From: Jarek Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 11:41:47 +0000

On Fri, Dec 04, 2009 at 02:51:38AM -0800, Peter P Waskiewicz Jr wrote:
> Honestly, there's no reason we can't know how many Tx queues we'll have
> prior to registering the netdev.  All of this should be figured out
> after ixgbe_alloc_queues() and ixgbe_init_interrupt_scheme() are called.
> 
> Once we know what features are enabled, and how many MSI-X vectors the
> platform gives us, we can make the call for how many queues to allocate.

Yes. It seems, it's more about cleaning/reordering a few things
sometimes.

> 
> I like this realloc_netdev_mq() mechanism.  I'm going to pull that into
> my tree for testing, since I unfortunately was unaware it existed (lack
> of my poking around).  This is good stuff.

Actually, it's only a simple separation of functionality, no big deal,
but thanks. Since it's still a part of RFC feel free to make it better
or even different way.

Cheers,
Jarek P.