Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Discarding networking privilege via LSM

From: Michael Stone <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 20:42:58 -0500

Alan,

As you requested, here's a (rough) draft of my patch series which uses the
security_* hooks instead of direct modification of the networking functions. 

Have you further suggestions for improvement?

Regards,

Michael

P.S. - The most notable behavioral difference between this patch and the
previous one is that abstract unix sockets are exempted from control in this
patch but are restricted by the previous one. We can revisit this detail in
subsequent patches if this approach seems viable.

Michael Stone (3):
   Security: Add prctl(PR_{GET,SET}_NETWORK) interface. (v3)
   Security: Implement prctl(PR_SET_NETWORK, PR_NETWORK_OFF) semantics. (v3)
   Security: Document prctl(PR_{GET,SET}_NETWORK). (v3)

  Documentation/prctl/network.txt |   74 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  include/linux/prctl.h           |    7 +++
  include/linux/prctl_network.h   |    7 +++
  include/linux/sched.h           |    2 +
  kernel/sys.c                    |   32 +++++++++++
  security/Kconfig                |   13 +++++
  security/Makefile               |    1 +
  security/prctl_network.c        |  110 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  8 files changed, 246 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)
  create mode 100644 Documentation/prctl/network.txt
  create mode 100644 include/linux/prctl_network.h
  create mode 100644 security/prctl_network.c