Subject: Re: [PATCH NEXT 0/2] qlcnic: Add Qlogic 1/10Gb Ethernet driver for CNA devices

From: Stephen Hemminger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 09:07:17 -0800

On Tue,  5 Jan 2010 05:24:34 -0800
Amit Kumar Salecha <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi
>   Series of 2 patches to add Qlogic ethernet driver for QLE8240 and
>   QLE8242 CNA devices. QLE8240 and QLE8242 devices support various 
>   class of drivers.
>   Please apply to net-next tree.
> 
> -Amit Salecha
> --
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe netdev" in
> the body of a message to [email-masked]
> More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

The patches are out of order. If patch 1 was applied (but not patch 2),
then it would be possible to configure device but the actual driver
code would not be there. This could happen when doing git bisect.

I assume Dave will just resolve this by combining the two before
merging.

--