Subject: Re: [PATCH] af_packet: Don't use skb after dev_queue_xmit()

From: Jarek Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 00:05:31 +0100

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 05:34:19PM -0500, Michael Breuer wrote:
> On 1/17/2010 5:17 PM, Jarek Poplawski wrote:
> >On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 11:26:46AM -0500, Michael Breuer wrote:
> >>On 01/13/2010 04:16 PM, Michael Breuer wrote:
> >>>On 1/13/2010 4:09 PM, Jarek Poplawski wrote:
> >>>>On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 03:39:37PM -0500, Michael Breuer wrote:
> >>>>
> >>Update: after leaving the system up for a few days, I hit the DMAR
> >>error again.
> >My proposal is to send some summary as a new thread, with dmar in the
> >subject, and cc-ed dmar maintainers.
> >
> Not sure I agree. The symptoms are identical to those I hit without
> DMAR earlier on. Also, as this issue only happens when there is high
> receive load, I'm thinking there's some sort of race between TX and
> RX within the sky2 driver, or hardware. I think that DMAR is
> correctly catching the error.

Hmm... OK, then let's wait with this report and go back to testing
it "really really long" ;-) without DMAR, and maybe without the
last Stephen's patch either? (So only the two things in the current
linux-2.6.)

Jarek P.