Subject: Re: [Bugme-new] [Bug 15091] New: starfire causes kernel BUG when interface goes up

From: Andrew Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 17:51:41 -0800

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 14:44:31 +1300 Michael <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
> 
> I believe that this is a regression, yes.
> 
> I will attempt to compile up some kernels this week and provide more 
> info. Should I start at 26 and go up or at 31 and go down?
> 
> I can't use anything lower than 26 according to udev. I was running 24 
> but compiled 32 when I upgraded udev.
> 

Thanks.

Starfire is a pretty rarely-used driver, I suspect.  Hopefully someone
who understands the NAPI stuff can look at the code and go "ah-hah",
and save you all that work.

But if that doesn't happen then yup, a bisection would be good, thanks.
 The best way to do it really is with git. 
http://landley.net/writing/git-quick.html has an explanation.