Subject: Re: Gianfar driver failing on MPC8641D based board

From: Anton Vorontsov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 19:51:41 +0300

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 04:46:54PM +0000, Martyn Welch wrote:
[...]
> > nfs: server 192.168.0.1 not responding, still trying
> >   
> 
> Further testing has shown that this isn't restricted to warm reboots, it
> happens from cold as well. In addition, the exact timing of the failure
> seems to vary, some boots have got further before failing.

Unfortunately I don't have any 8641 boards near me, so I can't
debug this myself. Though, I tested gianfar on MPC8568E-MDS with
2.6.33 kernel, and it seems to work just fine.

I see you use SMP. Can you try to turn it off? If that will fix
the issue, then it'll be a good data point.

Meanwhile, I'll try SMP kernel on MPC8568 (UP), and let you
know the results.

Thanks,

-- 
Anton Vorontsov
email: [email-masked]
irc://irc.freenode.net/bd2