Subject: Re: [Regression] r8169: enable 64-bit DMA by default for PCI Express devices (v2)

From: J�rn Engel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 10:12:34 +0100

On Thu, 25 March 2010 18:56:03 -0600, Robert Hancock wrote:
> 
> Francois, ping? Is there anyone else that has access to this kind of
> information about these chips?
> 
> It's kind of interesting that there's only been one report of this
> though. Either the affected chips are rare among people testing
> 2.6.34-rc or there's something more to this. Maybe something
> wierd/unusual about Jörn's system?
> 
> Jörn, are any other devices on your system working with 64-bit
> addressing? Try doing this:
> 
> find /sys -name "*dma_mask_bits*" | xargs cat
> 
> Does anything show more than 32?

I've slightly changed the command:
# for i in `find /sys -name "*dma_mask_bits*"`; do echo -n "$i: "; cat $i; done
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:00.0/dma_mask_bits: 32
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:00.0/consistent_dma_mask_bits: 32
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:02.0/dma_mask_bits: 36
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:02.0/consistent_dma_mask_bits: 36
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1c.0/dma_mask_bits: 32
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1c.0/consistent_dma_mask_bits: 32
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1c.1/dma_mask_bits: 32
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1c.1/consistent_dma_mask_bits: 32
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1c.1/0000:01:00.0/dma_mask_bits: 32
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1c.1/0000:01:00.0/consistent_dma_mask_bits: 32
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.0/dma_mask_bits: 32
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.0/consistent_dma_mask_bits: 32
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.1/dma_mask_bits: 32
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.1/consistent_dma_mask_bits: 32
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.2/dma_mask_bits: 32
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.2/consistent_dma_mask_bits: 32
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.3/dma_mask_bits: 32
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.3/consistent_dma_mask_bits: 32
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.7/dma_mask_bits: 32
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.7/consistent_dma_mask_bits: 32
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1e.0/dma_mask_bits: 32
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1e.0/consistent_dma_mask_bits: 32
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.0/dma_mask_bits: 32
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.0/consistent_dma_mask_bits: 32
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.1/dma_mask_bits: 32
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.1/consistent_dma_mask_bits: 32
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.2/dma_mask_bits: 32
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.2/consistent_dma_mask_bits: 32
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.3/dma_mask_bits: 32
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.3/consistent_dma_mask_bits: 32

One device, which should be this one:
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82G33/G31 Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 10)

J�rn