Subject: [PATCH 1/4] IPv6: keep route for tentative address

From: Stephen Hemminger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 08:41:31 -0700

Recent changes preserve IPv6 address when link goes down (good).
But would cause address to point to dead dst entry (bad).
The simplest fix is to just not delete route if address is
being held for later use.

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <[email-masked]>

--- a/net/ipv6/addrconf.c	2010-04-11 12:19:37.938082190 -0700
+++ b/net/ipv6/addrconf.c	2010-04-11 12:25:05.349309074 -0700
@@ -4046,7 +4046,8 @@ static void __ipv6_ifa_notify(int event,
 			addrconf_leave_anycast(ifp);
 		addrconf_leave_solict(ifp->idev, &ifp->addr);
 		dst_hold(&ifp->rt->u.dst);
-		if (ip6_del_rt(ifp->rt))
+
+		if (ifp->dead && ip6_del_rt(ifp->rt))
 			dst_free(&ifp->rt->u.dst);
 		break;
 	}

--