Subject: Re: [RFC] netem: correlated loss generation (v3)

From: Hagen Paul Pfeifer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 01:04:33 +0200

* Stefano Salsano | 2010-05-20 00:52:00 [+0200]:

>So my opinion is that the need to emulate "correlated" loss patterns
>is not academic, but it is a real need from industry... of course we
>can debate if it is a "niche" requirement or not

netem is not in the processing hot path, so there is no issue to add an
additional component. If there are some[TM] users and it is usable, I am
fine with this patch!

>tc qdisc change dev wlan0 root netem loss 2 10
>
>because this produces broken results...

How to model this specific network characteristic (2% loss, correlation 10%)
with your modifications? Can you give us an example?

Cheers, Hagen

-- 
Hagen Paul Pfeifer <[email-masked]>  ||  http://jauu.net/
Telephone: +49 174 5455209           ||  Key Id: 0x98350C22
Key Fingerprint: 490F 557B 6C48 6D7E 5706 2EA2 4A22 8D45 9835 0C22