Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] IPv6: keep route for tentative address

From: David Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 13:52:50 -0700 (PDT)

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 11:47:13 -0700

> On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 11:31:18AM -0700, Stephen Hemminger wrote:
>> Recent changes preserve IPv6 address when link goes down (good).
>> But would cause address to point to dead dst entry (bad).
>> The simplest fix is to just not delete route if address is
>> being held for later use.
>> 
>> Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <[email-masked]>
>> Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <[email-masked]>
>> (cherry picked from commit 93fa159abe50d3c55c7f83622d3f5c09b6e06f4b)
>> ---
>> Patch is for 2.6.34-stable (problem doesn't exist in earlier kernel)
> 
> Normally I wait for David to send networking patches for the stable
> trees, so I would like to get David's ack on these two before I am
> willing to apply them.

These two are fine to go to -stable, Greg please integrate.