Subject: Re: 2.6.34 + IPv6: Oops?

From: Andreas Klauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 17:30:18 +0200

Hi,

no one replied so far - am I reporting this to the wrong place?
Please advise.

I've done some more testing; I can reproduce the issue now on different 
hardware (my desktop at home), with a clean environment (freshly boot- 
strapped Debian Lenny). Which should make things more interesting. 

The issue seems to be compiler related. It occurs if the kernel is 
compiled with Debian Lenny "gcc (Debian 4.3.2-1.1) 4.3.2". It does 
not occur (or at least I can't reproduce it) if the kernel was 
compiled with Gentoo "gcc (Gentoo 4.4.4 p1.0) 4.4.4".

Screenshot:
http://www.metamorpher.de/kernel/panic2.jpg

Steps to reproduce:
http://www.metamorpher.de/kernel/steps-to-reproduce.txt

kernel config and lspci also available here:
http://www.metamorpher.de/kernel/

Regards
Andreas Klauer