Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/9] New cxgb4vf network driver for Chelsio T4 Virtual Function NIC

From: Casey Leedom <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 16:02:04 -0700

| From: Casey Leedom <[email-masked]>
| Date: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 09:04 am
| 
|   Thank you and I'm sorry for the mess. (sigh) I'm using the Kubuntu
| supplied email client and I mistakenly assumed that its "Insert File"
| action would do the right job.  I'll just use Thunderbird from now on.

  Hopefully my latest effort at getting patches submitted will be better.  
There's evidently a way to get git to mail them directly with which I'm fighting, 
so in the mean time I disabled word wrap on my current mailer.  I will get 
someone here to help me out with the git (and stgit) patch support.

|   Odd that patch #3 didn't apply cleanly.  I'll do a "pull" and verify
| correct operation.

  I did a complete new pull, compared the submitted and the pulled source and 
found no differences.  I then did a thorough test run and discovered that I'd 
accidentally translated one of our internal symbolic names into the wrong 
kernel.org symbolic names.  By "luck" it worked for some packet sizes so I 
didn't catch it. (sigh)  I've submitted patches for that bug and the deletion of 
an obsolete comment which I forgot to get rid of earlier.

  I hope these new patches apply cleanly.  If not, just drop them and I'll got 
to remedial git school here and get someone to help me do it right.

Casey