Subject: Re: 2.6.35-rc4-git3: Reported regressions from 2.6.34

From: Jesse Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 08:12:39 -0700

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 18:34:25 -0700
Linus Torvalds <torvalds-de/[email-masked]> wrote:

> > Bug-Entry       : http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=16307
> > Subject         : i915 in kernel 2.6.35-rc3, high number of wakeups
> > Submitter       : Enrico Bandiello <[email-masked]>
> > Date            : 2010-06-26 16:57 (13 days old)
> > Message-ID      : <[email-masked]>
> > References      : http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=127757403404259&w=2  
> 
> I don't think anybody noticed this one. Jesse?

Oh I hadn't seen that...  Enrico, can you bisect this issue?  It could
be some spurious hotplug events or possibly a stuck vblank interrupt...

> > Bug-Entry       : http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=16265
> > Subject         : Why is kslowd accumulating so much CPU time?
> > Submitter       : Theodore Ts'o <[email-masked]>
> > Date            : 2010-06-09 18:36 (30 days old)
> > First-Bad-Commit: http://git.kernel.org/linus/fbf81762e385d3d45acad057b654d56972acf58c
> > Message-ID      : <[email-masked]>
> > References      : http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=127610857819033&w=4  
> 
> Dave, Jesse?

I haven't looked at the switchable graphics stuff, hopefully Dave has
an idea here.

> Fixed by commit f4985dc714d7.
> 
> > Bug-Entry       : http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=16228
> > Subject         : BUG/boot failure on Dell Precision T3500 (pci/ahci_stop_engine)
> > Submitter       : Brian Bloniarz <phunge0-PkbjNfxxIASIwRZHo2/[email-masked]>
> > Date            : 2010-06-16 17:57 (23 days old)
> > Handled-By      : Bjorn Helgaas <[email-masked]>  
> 
> This has a butt-ugly suggested patch that certainly won't be applied.
> I saw the thread, but lost sight of it. Jesse, did that end up with
> some resolution?

I'll follow up with Yinghai, we were pretty clear about what we wanted
from that patch.

> > Bug-Entry       : http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=16179
> > Subject         : 2.6.35-rc2 completely hosed on intel gfx?
> > Submitter       : Norbert Preining <[email-masked]>
> > Date            : 2010-06-06 11:55 (33 days old)
> > Message-ID      : <[email-masked]>
> > References      : http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=127582534931581&w=2  
> 
> Hmm. That one is the vt.c bug coupled with another problem, which in
> turn got opened as a separate bugzilla entry:
> 
>    http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=16252
> 
> which in turn then got closed. I dunno.

Yeah, this is weird.  Norbert, do you still see this?  Have you tried
to bisect it?

-- 
Jesse Barnes, Intel Open Source Technology Center