Subject: Re: [PATCH] at1700: fix double free_irq

From: Dan Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 20:56:16 +0200

On Fri, Jul 09, 2010 at 09:48:09PM +0400, Kulikov Vasiliy wrote:
> > >  	/* Disable the IRQ on boards of fmv18x where it is feasible. */
> >         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > 
> > It seems like this comment should be updated?
> 
> Maybe yes, but I don't know what these damn IO requests mean.
> Sure, it's better to request IRQ in xxx_open(), but as it is already
> done in probe() I leave it here.
> 
> If it is a bug then I do nothing with it, but if it is not then I'll
> create a bug.
> 

Yeah.  I see what you mean.  You are probably right.  It should be easy
to test if anyone had the hardware.  But this driver is 17 years old so
I doubt anyone does.  :P

regards,
dan carpenter