Subject: Re: [PATCH] Driver-core: Always create class directories for classses that support namespaces.

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 11:07:40 -0700

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 10:43:35PM -0700, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> p.s. Linus my apologies for sending this directly but I have gotten an
> incredible amount of flak trying to fix this problem, and I would like
> not to leave an accidental regression whose cause is well known in
> 2.6.35 if I can help it.

"flak"?

{sigh}

No, it's just been an issue of fixing the issue in the correct manner.
You sent this patch a mere 2 days prior, and I've been away since then
and haven't even _had_ the chance to apply it to my tree and run it
through any testing.

Heck, it hasn't even been in the linux-next tree, and seen if it blows
up Andrew's notorious machine.

Next time, give me a chance to at least build your patch before getting
upset and routing around me.  The other 2 patches you have sent me have
had testing in linux-next and will go to Linus later today, and I have
half-a-mind to revert this one, but I just know you will be willing to
fix up any problems found in it now :)

What a nice way to return from a 3day vacation...

greg k-h