Subject: [RFC Patch] netxen: remove firmware exports

From: Amerigo Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 05:54:47 -0400

netxen_nic driver can store firmwares on flash, and get them porperly and
dynamically, so the firmwares may not appear in /lib/firmware/. However, netxen_nic
still exports these firmwares via modinfo, this makes our script which parses
modinfo output fail.

Probably netxen_nic has other way to export these firmwares, but not like other
modules in a stardand way. I think we can just remove these exports, but
I am not sure.

Signed-off-by: WANG Cong <[email-masked]>
Cc: Amit Kumar Salecha <[email-masked]>
Cc: "David S. Miller" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Dhananjay Phadke <[email-masked]>
Cc: Narender Kumar <[email-masked]>

---
diff --git a/drivers/net/netxen/netxen_nic_main.c b/drivers/net/netxen/netxen_nic_main.c
index fd86e18..e8443af 100644
--- a/drivers/net/netxen/netxen_nic_main.c
+++ b/drivers/net/netxen/netxen_nic_main.c
@@ -41,10 +41,6 @@
 MODULE_DESCRIPTION("QLogic/NetXen (1/10) GbE Converged Ethernet Driver");
 MODULE_LICENSE("GPL");
 MODULE_VERSION(NETXEN_NIC_LINUX_VERSIONID);
-MODULE_FIRMWARE(NX_P2_MN_ROMIMAGE_NAME);
-MODULE_FIRMWARE(NX_P3_CT_ROMIMAGE_NAME);
-MODULE_FIRMWARE(NX_P3_MN_ROMIMAGE_NAME);
-MODULE_FIRMWARE(NX_UNIFIED_ROMIMAGE_NAME);
 
 char netxen_nic_driver_name[] = "netxen_nic";
 static char netxen_nic_driver_string[] = "QLogic/NetXen Network Driver v"