Subject: Re: [PATCH] mlx4_core: module param to limit msix vec allocation

From: Arthur Kepner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 10:42:45 -0700

On Fri, Sep 03, 2010 at 07:30:46PM -0700, David Miller wrote:
> ...
> Likely there would be a set of policies just like the cpu
> power management layer we have.  And there would be a default,
> and userland could override the default.

Thanks. I had thought this over again, and come up with 
something like what you describe. Testing now, and plan 
to send a work-in-progress patch later today for comments.

> 
> This also means there would have to be notifications sent to
> drivers when the distribution and allocation policy of MSI-X
> interrupts is changed.  This is so that, for example, network
> drivers can reconfigure their network queues for the new set
> of MSI-X vectors available to them after the policy change.

Hadn't considered this. Will have to add it.

-- 
Arthur