Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] siw: Add support for CRC32C offload instruction using libcrypto crc32c-intel

From: Jason Gunthorpe <jgunthorpe-ePGOBjL8dl3ta4EC/59zMFaTQe2KTcn/@public.gmane.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 14:59:43 -0600

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 01:38:21PM -0700, Nicholas A. Bellinger wrote:

> Indeed, this would clean up the explict RX/TX CRC32C case quite a
> bit..  Unfortuately I am too busy with other items atm to cook up
> this patch, but I would be happy to test it if someone wants to take
> it.  ;)

Do you even need to do anything at all? crc32c is provided by
crc32c-intel at a higher priority already, so it should be used if it
is available..
 
> > Need CPUID module auto probing. I have an older patch that needs
> > some fixes.

> Hmm, I don't see how that fits in here exactly.  Would you mind
> elaborating a bit..?

Unless the module is loaded the optimized algorithm will not be
available for automatic use. Maybe your patch causes it to autoload
because of the by-name reference? Identifying modules to load by CPUID
will let userspace auto load the appropriate ones based on CPU...

Jason
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-rdma" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html