Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] siw: Add support for CRC32C offload instruction using libcrypto crc32c-intel

From: Jason Gunthorpe <jgunthorpe-ePGOBjL8dl3ta4EC/59zMFaTQe2KTcn/@public.gmane.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 16:06:11 -0600

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 02:38:31PM -0700, Nicholas A. Bellinger wrote:

> So I think the main bit here is the ability to request
> crc32c-intel.ko first, and then fall back to crc32c.ko when the
> former is not available on CONFIG_X86.

Well, it is what Andi said, everything is working fine but there is no
mechanism to autoload the accelerated crypto module. If you did
modprobe crc32c_intel prior to loading your driver it would
automatically get crc32c-intel when it asks for crc32c since it is
loaded and a higher priority.

So, the drivers are correct to just request crc32c .. The work around
to limited autoprobing is so trivial (modprob crc32_intel) I'm not
sure including extra autoprobing code in the drivers is worthwhile?

Jason
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-rdma" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html