Subject: Re: [Bugme-new] [Bug 19692] New: linux-2.6.36-rc5 crash with gianfar ethernet at full line rate traffic

From: Jarek Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 21:48:15 +0200

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 02:14:01AM +0300, emin ak wrote:
> Hi Jarek.
> Sorry for delayed answer. As I promised, I have started the tests on
> Monday (in spite of dealing with The Monday Syndrome:)  I had applied
> your patch and after two billions packet (and approximatly four hours)
> passed kernel crashed with skb_over_panic error similar with first
> type. To ensure the patch is failed or not, I rerun the same test
> again. That time, surprisingly,  it did'nt crashed again for two days
> with same kernel. But this situation had occured before, I think
> sometimes because of randomness of the applied ethernet traffic and
> mostly because I cant apply all full line rate random traffic to my
> target device because of wrong test setup (switch / hardware packet
> generator settings etc..), it takes three or more day to crash the
> kernel and sometimes it never crashes. My device only and only crashes
> when I can apply full line rate random traffic. Before informing you
> and the list with (official) test results, I want to be sure with the
> truth of them. So that please let me apply more test to the target
> device for  a fews day more. After that I wish I'll came with good
> news!

Hi Emin,
Sorry for being impatient. Actually, waiting is no problem for me. I
simply didn't know how much this bug is reproducible, and was a bit
mislead by your forecast of one day result (and terrified btw seeing
words Monday and immediately side by side ;-) So, a few days or weeks,
no problem, it's all up to you.

On the other hand, it looks like there might be something else/more,
so I'd suggest to add this last skb_over_panic to bugzilla too.

Thanks,
Jarek P.