Subject: Re: Linux 2.6.35/TIPC 2.0 ABI breaking changes

From: Leandro Lucarella <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 15:44:24 -0300

Jon Maloy, el 20 de octubre a las 14:37 me escribiste:
> > I think if they really go through the wire, it should be in 
> > NBO, and if tipc_subscr and tipc_event are used only 
> > internally, we can still fix the userspace messages when 
> > sending them through the wire.
> 
> There are plenty of protocols around not using NBO over the wire.
> This is not a must. 

Of course, but is harder to sniff and debug if you haven't a fixed BO,
so, if it's easy to adjust transparently to userspace, I think it could
worth the trouble.

But my main concern is backwards compatibility, everything else is
secondary :)

-- 
Leandro Lucarella (AKA luca)                     http://llucax.com.ar/
----------------------------------------------------------------------
GPG Key: 5F5A8D05 (F8CD F9A7 BF00 5431 4145  104C 949E BFB6 5F5A 8D05)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
The Muppet show was banned from TV in Saudi Arabia
Because one of its stars was a pig

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nokia and AT&T present the 2010 Calling All Innovators-North America contest
Create new apps & games for the Nokia N8 for consumers in  U.S. and Canada
$10 million total in prizes - $4M cash, 500 devices, nearly $6M in marketing
Develop with Nokia Qt SDK, Web Runtime, or Java and Publish to Ovi Store 
http://p.sf.net/sfu/nokia-dev2dev