Subject: Re: [PATCH 01/11] vxge: enable rxhash

From: Jon Mason <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 16:53:40 -0600

On Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 12:44:52PM -0800, David Miller wrote:
> 
> This patch set doesn't apply at all to the current tree, please
> respin them, thanks.

When I sent out the series on Thursday, the tree did not have
"vxge: make functions local and remove dead code".  When that patch
was originally released (Oct 15), I asked for it to not be included as
it would break soon-to-be-released patch series.  I did not see any
e-mail afterward, so I assumed this was acceptable to you.  We then
ran the driver though our internal tests to verify its functionality,
which would need to be re-done if the patches are respun.

I have a reworked version of that patch which can be applied after
this patch series.  Is it acceptable to you to revert the commit,
apply the series, then apply the modified version of the "local
functions" patch?  I have already sniff tested it on our hardware
without issues.

Thanks,
Jon