Subject: Re: Remaining problems in firewire-net

From: Stefan Richter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 16:11:54 +0100

On Nov 16 Maxim Levitsky wrote:
> The IP over 1394 tells that unicast can also use ISO transactions.
> However, it doesn't say how to negotiate the ISO channel number, thus a
> logical conclusion is that its not possible to use ISO transactions for
> unicast.
> Is that right?

To my understanding, any unicast transport method other than block write
to the unicast FIFO are outside the scope of RFC 2734.  At the end of
section 7:
"""
   Unicast IP datagrams whose quality of service is best-effort SHALL be
   contained within the data payload of 1394 block write transactions [...]
"""
"""
   Unicast IP datagrams that require quality of service other than
   best-effort are beyond the scope of this standard.
"""
-- 
Stefan Richter
-=====-==-=- =-== =----
http://arcgraph.de/sr/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beautiful is writing same markup. Internet Explorer 9 supports
standards for HTML5, CSS3, SVG 1.1,  ECMAScript5, and DOM L2 & L3.
Spend less time writing and  rewriting code and more time creating great
experiences on the web. Be a part of the beta today
http://p.sf.net/sfu/msIE9-sfdev2dev